Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Mi nueva familia y mi paseo a la escuela




To the left is mine and Becca's host mom for the next four months. She doesn't speak any english but likes to learn some of the english words that me and Becca use. When in our homestay spanish is the only appropriate language except when me and Becca are in our room by ourselves english is alright. She is a great cook and looks out for us at all times. The thing I'm going to have to get used to the most is she is a COMPLETE neat freak and if anyone at all knows anything about me... well let's just say I have a hard time keeping anything clean at all. But I'm a guest in their house and will not break her rules! Besides that she is a great host mom, the apartment is decorated beautifully and everyone is more than welcoming!




Tonight we went to Orange Cafe which altough it was completely geared towards Americans was still a fun and very interesting experience!

Above is a picture of Becca's and I walk to class. ALL of the trees in the park we walk through lean to their side. Es muy interesante! The parks here are beautiful however, just like in New York they are very dangerous at night and our Senora advised us NOT to go near the parks when walking home late at night. We are trying to still scope out a good place to run everyday so I can fit into my bridesmaids dress in June! We have already booked our first trip to Ibiza in May for Becca's 21st birthday and are looking forward to a weekend in Barcelona VERY soon! Our program is taking a trip of Segovia this friday which should be beautiful and a great first trip through Spain! 

Adios amigos y seguir leyendo! 

1 comment: